Non-Fat=No Fun

Lately looking into the mirror my face seems to be about 3x larger than I remember it looking before the holidays. There were a number of days in the past few weeks where I was perfectly comfortable popping cookies like tic-tacs. And now my calorie clogged body is begging for a reprieve. Once again I must respect product labels instead of giggling at the grams of fat listing as if I were completely immune, but lover of food that I am, I have to draw the line somewhere. Have you ever tasted non-fat cottage cheese? The metallic alkaline taste that emits from those innocent looking curds is more apt to whiten your teeth than cure your hunger. But here I am, a red blooded American with the whole go all the way or go home thing implanted in my DNA, but I feel to grow I must be stronger than those urges and go for the 2% lowfat version. Yes, it may take me a few more pushups to burn off the calories, but I’m trying to succeed here and there is nothing that will throw you of a healthy eating schedule straight into a bag of Oreos like force feeding yourself tasteless dairy products marketed to make you feel like you’re actually doing yourself some good by eating them! I urge you all to side-step failure this resolution season and read your labels. A few extra calories won’t kill you, but aspartame sweetened non-fat yogurt just might.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FOOD IS ONE OF THE MOST VISCERAL ASPECTS OF A CULTURE; IT CAN BE EXPERIENCED WITH NO LANGUAGE SKILLS, NO GUIDE, AND MOST TIMES WITH VERY LITTLE MONEY.