Deep Fried Guinea Pig Debate

There is a scene that continues to enter my mind. It’s a picture of my childhood pet Millie, on her back, with each of her four little feet clenched into post mortem, post fry-o-later fists. Her skin is as crisp as a roasted duck and she lies peaceful in a bed of lettuce. Imagine this little vision popping into your head as you scramble for a seat on the subway or apply toothpaste to your brush at night and you understand what I’ve been going through. In ten days I’m going to Peru, I’m a food writer, and in Peru they eat the pig. The question is, do I eat the pig, too? I will not even attempt to answer this question right now. I just want someone to tell me what it tastes like.

5 comments:

  1. Oh get the thing down you and shut up! The hypocrisy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun to insight such emotion in a reader. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now try inciting such emotion...that might be even more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that Anonymous person was really mean.

    Anyway, what happened? Did you eat the pig?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Write nonsense. Guinea pigs, many centuries ago, was taken for a meal, rather than at home. If you have a live guinea pig at home, it does not mean that somewhere in the guinea pigs can not eat. In America, because they eat meat protein. Eat the meat of nutria (Water Rats). I can also say FUU ... so why not eat guinea pigs? And the meat of horses and meat eating snakes. It's delicious.
    At home I live in 100 guinea pigs. But they do not eat. They are small. In Peru, they eat a special breed of guinea pigs selected for breeding meat. They are great. The meat of guinea pigs buys Japan and ... ah ah ah America))) leg of the guinea pig is no different from the chicken legs. Maybe you do not know what sells in your store? )))
    The author of Respect. Good luck with the trip to Peru. They say the meat of guinea pigs is similar to the rabbit and chicken just tastes better.

    ReplyDelete

FOOD IS ONE OF THE MOST VISCERAL ASPECTS OF A CULTURE; IT CAN BE EXPERIENCED WITH NO LANGUAGE SKILLS, NO GUIDE, AND MOST TIMES WITH VERY LITTLE MONEY.