Chocolate Ginger Snaps

For those of you who were around for my previous ginger snap adventures, you may find it odd that I dared to venture back into this realm of uncertain baking, but I have good news. Last night I was about to give my old ginger snap recipe another go when my boyfriend, in what I am now sure was an attempt to save himself, suggested I call his Mom for the chocolate ginger snap recipe they had talked about.

Wouldn’t you know about 45 minutes later I was munching on a delightful little, low stress cookie that was too puffy and chewy to be called a snap, but hand a nice ginger undertone to remind me of it’s roots.

Here’s the recipe. Go for it…I promise it won’t hurt...

Whoa, in typing this recipe I just realized that I also skipped the molasses when I whipped these up last night. If you make your with molasses, let me know how they come out.

Wet Ingredients
1/2 cup butter
3 tablespoons cocoa powder + 1 tablespoon butter
3/4 cup sugar
6 tablespoons brown sugar
3 tablespoons molasses
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla

Dry Ingredients
2 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter and add all other wet ingredients one at a time. Sift all dry ingredients together in a separate bowl and blend well. Gradually add dry mixture to wet ingredients and mix until everything is well blended. Using your hands form dough into 1 inch balls and roll in sugar. Place balls on cookie sheet and bake for 10-13 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FOOD IS ONE OF THE MOST VISCERAL ASPECTS OF A CULTURE; IT CAN BE EXPERIENCED WITH NO LANGUAGE SKILLS, NO GUIDE, AND MOST TIMES WITH VERY LITTLE MONEY.