The Virtues of Curry Paste


For years I’ve been trying to figure out how to make the curries I love without spending a huge amount of money on spices I’ll only use a few times a year. I tried the pre-made curry sauces that have instructions like, just add chicken or tofu, and they always turned out flat and one dimensional. But then I discovered curry paste, which is like a high concentration of all the curry ingredients stuffed in a jar. I can now make chicken tikka masala at home by blending yogurt with my masala curry paste. The same goes for Thai curries and coconut milk. The best thing is that curry pastes give you a lot of room to add and adjust flavors and really make a dish your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FOOD IS ONE OF THE MOST VISCERAL ASPECTS OF A CULTURE; IT CAN BE EXPERIENCED WITH NO LANGUAGE SKILLS, NO GUIDE, AND MOST TIMES WITH VERY LITTLE MONEY.