World Tapas and Dormant Taste Buds

Last weekend I hosted my first potluck party. Because my apartment is so small and my dining china is so non-existent, I figured finger friendly tapas would work really well.
And my guests came out in full force with bacalao topped plantains, sushi, chicken wings, samosas… I’m talking tiramisu, arrepas, and Italian style rice balls (arancine), and it all tasted sooo disgusting. Every bite I had was like moist cardboard chips even my own quesadillas warranted a quick spit into a napkin. I’m quite sure that any of my guests reading this post are now thinking ungrateful b****! But before we break up for good, let me just say it’s not you; it’s me. Until about an hour and half before everyone arrived I was completely bedridden with some kind coughing sickness that made my abs feel like I was on my 10,000th sit up, my head feel like it was wrapped in a giant rubber band and my throat feel like I had spent the previous night doing Drano shots. I was a hot freakin mess. I can safely say that in my lifetime I have only lost my appetite about three times and wouldn’t the night that I convince twenty people to schlep out to Brooklyn loaded down with food stuff just have to be one of them. Please do not doubt my sincerity when I say, enjoyed your company everybody, and I’m pissed I didn’t get a chance to enjoy your food.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FOOD IS ONE OF THE MOST VISCERAL ASPECTS OF A CULTURE; IT CAN BE EXPERIENCED WITH NO LANGUAGE SKILLS, NO GUIDE, AND MOST TIMES WITH VERY LITTLE MONEY.