What Else is On your table?

The holiday eat fest is coming to a close. I will now spend the next couple of weeks doing double time at the gym in an effort to make my jeans feel comfortable again, but it was all worth it. Every last piece of chocolate and forkful of stuffing was celebrated at a level of indulgence that is only permissible during the holiday season.

Completely food drunk I’ve been wondering what everyone else is eating. What’s got you loosening your belt besides the turkey, mashed potato, stuffing standards? There’s nothing like the holidays to resurrect family traditions, so what’s your family got that every other family should be jealous of?

In my family it’s macaroni and cheese. Every black family in America has their own recipe be in soupy, creamy, with bread crumbs or not, but my Mom’s baked macaroni made with a rue style cheese sauce, cheddar cubes distributed throughout, and a nice sprinkle of cheddar over the top is the epitome of eating good and simple. Now that I’ve shared mine I’m curious to hear about yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FOOD IS ONE OF THE MOST VISCERAL ASPECTS OF A CULTURE; IT CAN BE EXPERIENCED WITH NO LANGUAGE SKILLS, NO GUIDE, AND MOST TIMES WITH VERY LITTLE MONEY.